|FANDOM: Harry Potter|
WHO: Peeves the poltergeist © Rowling
NOTES: I love Peeves because he is totally himself without any hesitation
loved doing the blackboard btw -- background lyrics "Out of My Head" by Puddle of Mudd
This gallery contains fan art only. Most are gifts to other people, or prizes for contests, or pages of grouped fic illustrations (links to fics included).|
(Image above: "The Quantum Witch" © m. a. anthony 2007... sort of a self-portrait)
1. Was 2014 a good year for you? There’s a great bit of artwork I’ve seen on Tumblr recently, with someone setting the year on fire. I think that just about sums it up. Yeah, 2014 can DIAF now.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions for 2014, and will you make any for 2015? I never make them. You either will or won’t do new things as you get older, and it’s up to you when and how you enforce any self-made new rules in your life. I have plans and hopes, but I don’t make resolutions.
3. What did you do this year that you'd never done before? The only really new thing was using a smartphone (which I wouldn’t have bothered with if state law didn’t suddenly require hands-free devices while driving, and my beloved older phone wasn’t up to the task).
4. Did anyone close to you give birth? Not unless you count physical closeness. I did catch a baby toad in our hallway and release it into the yard.
5. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully no.
6. What countries did you visit? None, I’m too broke to travel.
7. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014? Good health, for a change. And a house.
8. What date in 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? September 23rd, when I mangled my right hand.
9. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I don’t think I really achieved anything spectacular, other than managing not to die.
10. What was your biggest failure? I did fail to continue going to the gym, though that was largely hindered by physical ailments. Most of the year feels a bit wasted, honestly.
11. Did you suffer illness or injury? Several times... I had an allergic reaction to two medications, had to do a juice detox, and had months of withdrawal symptoms. My fibromyalgia became literally agonizing, and I had to get months of vitamin IV infusions and three rounds of injections to my lower back. I fell and injured my right hand very badly, leading to months of physical therapy and a bad scar on my palm. Frankly, it all exhausted me and a lot of 2014 is kind of blurry from pain.
12. What was the best thing you bought? A Wacom Cintiq tablet. Sure I had to sell off three entire crates of vintage Sailor Moon collectibles on eBay to afford it. But it’s been a life saver on both my hand and my eyes.
13. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband’s, always.
14. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I was incredibly disappointed to have to unfollow nine different people on Tumblr this year because they posted real dead animal photos. WHY? Just, NO.
15. Where did most of your money go? Medical bills, as always. Though we did manage to sock away a bit for an eventual purchase of a home next year.
16. What did you get really, really, really excited about? There wasn’t any great big stand-out thing this year, but there were a lot more little things in general. Frankly, I think that’s an improvement.
17. What song will always remind you of 2014? My life has soundtracks, not singles.
18. Compared to this time last year, you are: Older and more exhausted than ever.
19. What do you wish you'd done more of? Draw. Injuries and pain prevented me doing a whole lot of shit this year.
20. What do you wish you'd done less of? Duh. Be sick and wounded.
21. What was your relationship status this year? Married to the same wonderful guy since 2001.
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Walking Dead, Supernatural, and The Colbert Report top the list.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I have a powerful amount of dislike for some people who are all over the news, who are the scum of the earth and I hope to gods I’ll never meet them.
24. What was the best book you read? “Pandemonium” by Daryl Gregory
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Sadly, there were none this year.
26. What did you want and get? Cintiq tablet.
27. What did you want and not get? A house of my own.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? How To Train Your Dragon 2
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned a grand old 50. Went to a psychic fair in Chicago, where I listened to a speaker on past lives and received a reading from an iridologist.
30. What one thing would have made the year far more satisfying? Not being in pain for half of it.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014? I don’t really know what that means. The only thing I really did was dye my hair green with Kool-Aid a few times, and wear whatever is comfy.
32. What kept you sane? Reading, watching old episodes of That 70s Show, playing stupid video games on my phone, snuggling my cats and my husband.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? More often than not, Misha Collins. I also very much liked Osric Chau. They’re both completely precious.
34. What was your favorite video game of the year? I actually PLAYED games this year, after getting a smartphone. I don’t have a specific favorite but I love everything the company Artifex Mundi creates.
35. Who was the best new person you met? I wish I could say anyone by name, but honestly I didn’t get out much and didn’t talk to many people online. I was confined to home and resting a lot.
36. Who has made the most cameos in your dreams this year? This is an odd question. Actually, I barely remember my dreams this year, since I was frequently sedated in order to sleep without pain.
37. What political issue stirred you the most? Holy SHIT was this a horrible year. Ferguson and anything related to it, either directly or indirectly, because racism is alive and kicking. And anti-feminism is just as bad.
38. Did you learn a valuable life lesson in 2014? The universe will provide what I need as long as I open my mind and focus on things. So far I’m not very good at it, but I have hope.
39. What are your plans for 2015? Buy a house and plant a garden. Start my comic blog. Sell more art and photography. Get back to the gym, or buy my own equipment. Raise bees, if I can find a place that’s zoned for it.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I don’t have anything that fits my own year. But for all those who’ve suffered because of bullying, let me offer these lines from “Right Between the Eyes” by Garbage:
Seek to destroy cause they're scared of you
That's why they try to make a fool of you
They're so jealous of my pretty star
Cause you've got soul inside your shattered heart
Stick it to them, like a phoenix rise
There's nothing grander than the big surprise
They can't hurt you with their sticks and stones
About time, take them right between the eyes